Sunday, June 19

Father's day 2011

Dear father, 

Today everyone is thinking of their own fathers. I have offered my heart to the greatest of all fathers, our Father in heaven.

.... But I thought and I prayed for you, my own physical father, who, throughout your life loves us as your parents have loved you. You worked so hard to sustain us because you wanted to improve the difficulties you had in your time. You raise us materially because you did not want us to go hungry. But emotionally and spiritually I am still an immature child. I am meeting my own spiritual Father whose love is amazingly great. I do not see Him but I can feel Him. Dad, you too, like many people are, is a lost child like me. Nevertheless, I am still thankful that God gave you as my dad, for God has a purpose of choosing you to be.

At this time, may God the Father embrace and comfort you with hope and love. For I know that life was very tough and very unfair for you, that not only you had physical illness but all the frustrations, failures, inadequacies...the emotional and psychological pain that life has brought on you. People turn your kindness to evil and they will keep on to hurt, mock, stigmatize, reject, and persecute you... but God will never disown you. True judgement comes from God and not from the law of selfish men. You are not the perfect father and I am not the perfect child too. This is because we are just human filled with inadequacies. These imperfections only mean that there is someone out there, up above, who is far much greater than everything on earth- the Yahweh in heaven, the Father of all.

In my journey to know more the Heavenly Father, I will always be thinking and praying for you.

No comments: