Tuesday, July 5

Her healing smile

I was trying to take a photo of the Payatas Dumpsite with my first digital camera when these lovely and warm children came following me. It is one of my very first digital captures and I was very pleased with the result. Maybe not the best technically but capturing the smiles of these little children is a great achievement to me. That is the good thing about this modern cameras, it allows you to expand your shots and even preview them.

This feature gave me the opportunity to show to these children their faces in the tiny LCD monitor…. and you know what, this made them happy and so giggling. Little things like this is such a big excitement to them. It is not money or a material prize that made them laugh, even just for a little while. It was a prize of smile for me instead! Isn’t it so hard to find contentment in our lives. But look at them, poor, hungry and deprived, abandoned and left out… yet they know how to give a smile.




No comments: